June 27, 2007

Bethel Johnson NOT cut?

The Eagles cut Bethel Johnson. Or did they?
As I was checking out the new look of the Eagles website, I noticed something very strange. Bethel Johnson's profile still appeared on the active roster. Many published reports have said that Johnson was released. I even reported the same news on this blog. So why would he still be on the home page? I thought it could have just been an error, since they are re-doing their entire site, but then after further investigation, I think people may have jumped the gun on this one.

According to the Eagles new re-designed website, Bethel Johnson is still on the active roster, he is listed as the first string kick returner on the depth chart, and there is no mention of him being axed on the transactions page.

Looks like those reports were premature. I wonder why this has not been clarified yet? You would think that the Eagles would have made an announcement by now? So who is right? The Eagles site, or the Trenton Times? Was I in a coma for a few days, and just missed that he really was not cut? Where is the Eagles Message Board when you need it? Looks like we will all have to wait until this afternoon to get that back.

No comments: