October 08, 2007

Reid Going Nowhere


After the Eagles got thrashed by the Giants last Sunday night, rumors quickly arose and ran rampant that Philly head coach Andy Reid would step down prior to the end of this season. Speculation was that due to legal trouble brought on by two of Reid's sons, the coach would step down because he couldn't keep his focus in the right place.

Stories and rumors spread but all without ever having Reid's position on the matter...until now.

"The only way I don't finish up coaching this year is if I die," an emphatic Reid told FOX Sports. "Are you kidding me? I don't know where this story came from, how it started, but it couldn't be any further from the truth. I am definitely not stepping away!

"It's amazing how this story came up and then got legs, but there's no way."

Reid took a day during his bye week to step out to Atlantic City for a much-needed respite in order to recharge his batteries. Batteries that he says are far from dying.

"The one thing I've learned throughout this whole thing is that I'm not alone in dealing with family issues," said Reid. "There are people who own businesses, run corporations, and they have problems too but don't walk away. Everyone has family or personal issues, but they don't quit their jobs."

>>FOXSports

No comments: